WHAT IS THE GLOBAL BANKING ALLIANCE FOR WOMEN?
We are the leading organization of financial institutions driving women’s wealth creation worldwide. Our members build innovative, comprehensive programs that provide women’s business enterprises globally with vital access to:
Our network enables members to:
- Significantly enhance their services to women’s enterprises
- Catalyze women’s success and a cascade of prosperity to their families and communities.
WHO JOINS US?
Founded in 2000 on the belief that cooperation benefits both financial institutions and the women’s businesses they serve, the Global Banking Alliance for Women now includes 25 members and a presence on almost every continent.Our members range from leading global banks like WestPac and Royal Bank of Canada, to national banks like Access in Nigeria and Standard Chartered in the U.K., to the UPS financing arm in the U.S. which serves women’s businesses worldwide.
HOW WE WORK TOGETHER?
- We build upon a proven model of business collaboration – a single point of contact for research and best practices for the successful development of women’s enterprises – and boost its speed and efficiency with a web-enabled social network.
- Through a streamlined exchange of information, research and resources, our members can propel their programs forward – whether jump-starting a new one, enhancing an existing one, or laying the groundwork for longer term progress by engaging women employees and internal advocates.
- These programs range across the spectrum of education, training, loans and business connections needed to ensure successful women’s businesses.
WHY IS THIS NETWORK UNIQUE
- We link banks with best practices to those who aspire to them – on the web, in face to face meetings, or at the annual international summit. We also help members fill gaps in their programs by connecting them to subject matter experts, research and other supplemental resources.
- We engage an Advisory Board of experts and leaders in the realm of women’s entrepreneurship, to provide additional perspective to our members.
- We are a connector of people, information and resources among our own membership but also to experts outside it. In addition to their financial institution peers, members receive access to a global database of government agencies, not-for-profits, non-governmental organizations, universities, research groups and the media.
- Our members engage in a collaborative exchange that is characteristic of women working together. Our members develop distinctive and profitable programs while sharing lessons.
- The result is that the Global Banking Alliance for Women elevates the quality of our members’ programs and services, and the potential for success among the women’s businesses enterprises receiving them.